vast expanse

a quick update for those of you following the continuing saga.
I have been on Zoloft for anxiety for 1 week and I have lost exactly 5 pounds. I tried having 2 beers with a meal Friday night and suffered no ill effects. Saturday night I had 1 glass of wine with a meal.
while 5 lbs in one week may not be typical it is still encouraging. I have made very few changes other than never having seconds at dinner time and measuring my snack of the week-pretzels with hummus. I continue to exercise as much as I always did.
on a personal level I went to Saloon Friday night for the premiere of RuPaul's Drag Race season 9 but went home early. Saturday I went to see the movie Beauty and the Beast with friends. Sunday I watched the movie Edge of Seventeen on blu ray at home.
I finished the series (or I should say caught up on) Transparent which is remarkable. Not since Six Feet Under have I felt this way about an ensemble cast playing members of a family full of misfits. So incredibly well done, thought provoking, and likable.
The greatest gift of this whole weight loss thing might be all the people who reach out. it is better to not go through it all alone. RESIST.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a story about control

balance

false alarm