get back up to speed

So much has occurred since my last entry. Read on to catch up with my story.

At Christmas I drove to Wausau to pick up my mother and then we drove on together to Kaukauna near Appleton to stay with my brother Andy, his wife Joan, my nephew AJ, and my niece Ava. Before i left i had an oil change and i was well aware the tire pressure gauge on at least one tire is defective and needs to be replaced. The technician at the dealership where i bought my used GMC said he thought i should think about a new set of tires soon. I did not expect that i would blowout a tire near Waupaca with my mom in the car 40 miles from my brother's house. But everything turned out OK as we were ahead of schedule and i had roadside assistance show up to put on the donut  in 15 minutes. During my stay in Wisconsin i ended up buying all new tires so that the drive back would be uneventful. I had a classic holiday. We played Rock Band as a family and i got introduced to the show 90 Day Fiance, a guilty pleasure.  I received an InstaPot and i am still getting the hang of it. 

New Year's Eve was relatively low key but enjoyable. A small group met at my place for a drink and snacks before we had dinner at Hell's Kitchen. We went from there to Randle's on Nicollet Mall for one drink then to Devil's Advocate at its new location on 11th & Nicollet where I think we would all agree we had a lovely time. We left briefly to check out Brit's which was loud and jam packed with no place to sit and talk so we rang in the new year at Devil's Advocate. No one had too much to drink and everyone was home by 1 am. This is 40. :)

I did spend several days in Puerto Vallarta in January with a good friend and this proved to be a learning experience. it was my first time on vacation single surrounded by cute eligible men and i was down 5 sizes but feeling not much different on the inside. nonetheless i relaxed, enjoyed myself, made the most of it and i can't wait to go to Cancun in May!!

I have begun a new semester at Metro State slowly slowly making progress on my marketing degree. I will be the oldest living college senior with osteoporosis, liver spots, and bifocals still trying to figure out how to register for fall semester. The classes i am taking now are Consumer Behaviors and Fundamentals of Marketing. Both of these are 300+ level online courses with the same professor. Both have group work which means i need to rely on strangers to do their part and we all have to work together like a team for my final grade. I have dropped the ball myself already having missed a deadline by about an hour losing 10 points for everyone in the group. My only excuse is these deadlines are all over the place (12 noon, 11 pm, 6 pm, 5 pm) so it is easy for me to get mixed up. I do find some of the subject mater very interesting as it's very close to advertising and public relations where more of my passion lies.

Good news/bad news- my total weight loss at this time is 106 lbs (!!!) which is completely mind blowing when i think about it for too long. It makes me want to cry and scream and dance. The bad news part of this is that i have been very sick for the last 3 weeks with some unknown virus and i lost a lot of weight unintentionally during that period of time at a rate that was not healthy. I was not able to eat or drink much, i became very dehydrated, and i missed a whole week of work. I saw 4 doctors who could not say what i had but i don;t think i have ever been so sick in my life. My symptoms were headache body aches, fever, chills, sore throat, lack of appetite, i could sleep 14 hours a day, my lymph nodes were causing me pain to the touch. I took tamiflu, i took penicillin, none of the over the counter meds that i tried took the edge off the pain. it's been 23 days since i fell ill and today i have a cough and I'm still not quite strong enough to work out in the gym. partway through this illness i switched my diet plan to full fat/full sugar as i was not getting enough calories. my doctor has recommended i cut my weight loss prescription medication dose in half until i reach a healthy weight or if i can maintain this weight for a few weeks. 

I think one of the greatest gifts in the last few months has been my continued friendship with Aaron who continues to show me that he cares in lots of ways. When he learned how sick i was he drove me to the doctor not once but twice which was unexpected and certainly not his duty anymore. Even in my therapy sessions I have begun to realize just how rare it is that we were both able to extract ourselves from this long term relationship and a life that we had built together with relatively few scratches or bruises. We have preserved the bond that we shared from the start and I think we are better friends to each other now than we ever were romantic life partners. We continue to co parent Kevyn who has adjusted well to apartment life in my opinion. There is still probably no one in the world who knows me as well as he does. Of course our next challenge will be when one of us begins to seriously date or enters into a long term relationship with someone new. I look forward to it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Billy

11

dive in