it's always something

I realize now that it has been over a month since my last blog post. time keeps on slippin slippin slippin into to the future. a ton of things have happened. I think that most of you follow me on Facebook or other social media but I will recap.
I am not always going to post how many pounds I have lost because I want this journey to be about wellness. I may have lost a couple more pounds in the last few weeks but I feel great and people are noticing. I have another appointment on July 10 & 28 & 31. I continue to do my best to eat a balanced diet, smaller portions, less processed foods, and I am committed to increasing my exercise from a minimum 5 miles a day to a minimum 6 miles a day plus light weights at home.
my mother's shoulder surgery went very well. she now has something like 10 pins in her shoulder and the last time we spoke she was no longer using the sling and she could type with both hands. she signed by birthday card (I turned 39 on June 26) and she started physical therapy. I am grateful that everything is going as good as can be with her recovery.
we first rented a lift chair for mom that was not right for her so then I bought one and she seems to be very happy with it.
Las Vegas was fun spending time with almost all of my best friends. I think I lost about $140 playing nickel slots but I had budgeted for that. I did get a few free meals and free drinks. my flights were uneventful and our room thru AirbNb was really great. we saw Jennifer Lopez perform, we spent lots of time by the pool, and I got lots of exercise walking.
My nephew AJ got his tonsils out and I have not heard but I assume that all went very well.
We celebrated Gay Pride in Minneapolis June 22-25 and I think we all had a lovely time. Wilson Phillips performed and so did Deborah Cox and En Vogue. I am learning that on my new anxiety medication drinking beer makes me feel less sick the next day versus wine or liquor. I was part of a small group at work who organized and planned a pride kickoff party for the 6th year in a row, bug success. lots of people told us how much they enjoyed it.
It was also Aaron's birthday June 30 but we have not exchanged gifts or gone out to dinner just the two of us since he has been facing financial hardships. I did make his favorite dessert Black Forest Cake.
Aaron and me recently got a great deal of bad news: his mother Donna had to undergo surgery 7/3/17 to clear debris from her carotid artery; the healing has begun... AND her husband Roy has cancer but we don't know how serious so he must begin treatments right away... AND his sister Tammy is engaged to marry a man named Brian who has some serious health problems but we don't know the exact nature of those at this time. I continue to have all the faith in God that this will all be OK and I will pray for strength, peace, and light in the hearts of Donna, Roy, and Brian and anyone who cares about them.
I have been emailing recently with my second cousin Julia from Canada who is coming to the US later this month to do a bit of geneology research in my hometown. I am excited to meet her for the first time. She is coming with her parents who I met over 20 years ago! we will both learn about our maternal great grandparents, compare notes and I will show them around. Hopefully I will also get to spend a little time with my Dad and Mom.
that's all for now. kisses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a story about control

balance

room at the top