adolescent journals: the wonder years

Tuesday August 29 1989
My house was very quiet this morning as I awoke to find no one up. Usually my dad is awake viewing the morning news but not today. I was the first awake.
For breakfast I had Cheerios. My mother spilled some shell salad on the floor and in came Blacky, one of our cats.
August 30 1989
School has been fun the last few days and I think I am getting used to the rules of the junior high.
The teachers are fair, the lunch is alright, but the suspense of changing classes with only a limited amount of time is what I like. roaming the halls as a "big 6th grader" makes me proud.
September 01 1989
This morning I awoke at 7 o'clock. The bus comes for us at 7:25. I was hurrying around getting things together for school then I clipped my nails. I needed breakfast so I dumped some dry Cheerios in a bag and ran to wait for the bus. No sooner had I reached the top of the hill the vehicle wheeled up the hill.
Tuesday September 05 1989
On Saturday my grandma and I went to the "Farmer's Market" at the Taylor County Fairgrounds to sell some vegetables. We made nearly $20.00.
Sunday night we all went to the Medford Park for the Centennial Celebration. My mom saw a few people she knew. I ate a hamburger and an ice cream sandwich. I was bored sick following my mother around and being introduced to all her friends. I finally got everyone to "get up and go".
September 08 1989
Today is Friday and today after school my grandma and grandpa will take us to a cabin in the northern part of the state, but only for a weekend. We'll share this cabin with some of my grandparents' friends. These people own the cabin and a pontoon boat by the shore. I hope I'll have fun this weekend!
September 11 1989
This weekend I went to a cabin. It's about an hour and 30 minute drive. There are many scenic country roads, many cottages, and many people. We pontooned, fished, and were even allowed to ride ATVs around the yard! I had the time of my life. The restaurant food was great, but the home cooking was the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a story about control

false alarm

room at the top